About the Company
Jillian’s Cakery is an American vintage cake shop that specialises in great cakes, pies, pastry and coffee and we need cool people. We are specifically looking for talented, amazing (and sweet) people to make Jillian’s Cakery one of Sydney’s great new finds. In particular, we look for people who put customer service first and believe in quality. Each role will play an important part in our success!
Cake Decorator - 35+ hours
This a great opportunity for an experienced and inspired decorator who wants to make their mark in an intimate environment where smiles on customer's faces are the only goals. Get your cake creations added to our growing menu. The role will involve:
• Decorating all of the standard menu cakes and specialty cakes
• Fulfilling all cake orders including custom cakes and wedding cakes
• Front of house support when required
• Other miscellaneous duties including dishes and cleaning
• About 5-6 days per week including Saturday (availability on Sat. morning is a must)
• Early mornings required
Skills and Qualifications
• Minimum 2-years of cake decorating experience in a fast-paced environment
• Buttercream application and piping skills and chocolate bag writing
• American style cake decorating experience
• High attention to detail
• Passionate about pastry and cakes and eager to experiment
• Must love making people happy with cake!
If this role sounds like you, apply now!
(send your CV -- Only successful applicants will be contacted with feedback).
You will be asked the following questions when you apply:
•Are you eligible to work in Australia? Or do you have any visa restrictions?
•How many years experience do you have in a similar role?
•List of previous experiences in a similar role.
•When are you available to start?
•What days are you available to work?
•What is your expected hourly rate?
•You must be prepared to provide professional references
Interviews will include an opportunity to show your skills at following a recipe, so please come prepared! Keen? Simply email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org